Answers to frequently asked questions about TRIUMEQ
What is TRIUMEQ?
TRIUMEQ is a prescription medicine used to treat HIV-1 infection in adults and children who weigh at least 88 pounds (40 kg).
HIV-1 is the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
TRIUMEQ contains the prescription medicines abacavir, dolutegravir, and lamivudine.
- TRIUMEQ is not for use by itself in people who have or have had resistance to abacavir, dolutegravir, or lamivudine.
It is not known if TRIUMEQ is safe and effective in children who weigh less than 88 pounds (40 kg).
How should I take TRIUMEQ?
- Take TRIUMEQ exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking TRIUMEQ without talking with your healthcare provider.
- TRIUMEQ may be taken with or without food.
- If you take antacids, laxatives, or other medicines that contain aluminum, magnesium, or buffered medicines, TRIUMEQ should be taken at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after you take these medicines.
- If you need to take iron or calcium supplements by mouth during treatment with TRIUMEQ:
- If you take TRIUMEQ with food, you may take these supplements at the same time that you take TRIUMEQ.
- If you do not take TRIUMEQ with food, take TRIUMEQ at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after you take these supplements.
- If you miss a dose of TRIUMEQ, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or take more than your healthcare provider tells you to take.
- Stay under the care of a healthcare provider during treatment with TRIUMEQ.
- Do not run out of TRIUMEQ. The virus in your blood may increase and the virus may become harder to treat. When your supply starts to run low, get more from your healthcare provider or pharmacy.
- If you take too much TRIUMEQ, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest hospital emergency room right away.
What are the possible side effects of TRIUMEQ?
How should I store TRIUMEQ?
- Store TRIUMEQ at room temperature between 68°F and 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Store TRIUMEQ in the original bottle.
- Keep the bottle of TRIUMEQ tightly closed and protect it from moisture.
- The bottle of TRIUMEQ contains a desiccant packet to help keep your medicine dry (protect it from moisture). Do not remove the desiccant packet from the bottle.
Keep TRIUMEQ and all medicines out of the reach of children.
Is there other general information I should know about TRIUMEQ?
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use TRIUMEQ for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give TRIUMEQ to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information about TRIUMEQ that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in TRIUMEQ?
Active ingredients: abacavir, dolutegravir, and lamivudine.
Inactive ingredients: D-mannitol, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, and sodium starch glycolate.
Tablet film-coating contains: iron oxide black, iron oxide red, macrogol/PEG, polyvinyl alcohol–part hydrolyzed, talc, and titanium oxide.